Join Whole Washington for signature gathering and marching in the parade!! This event will be YUGE!!!! We can have up to 50 people marching with us. And we will need volunteers working the crowd before and after the event.
Meet at the Seattle Passport Agency (300 5th Ave #600) at 9am! Make sure to bring sunscreen and water in a refillable container.
Email sent to volunteers on 6/22:
Pride is so close!! I hope you’re as excited as I am for Sunday. We are going to meet to start signature gathering at the Seattle Passport Agency (300 5th Ave #600) at 9am! Make sure to bring sunscreen and water in a refillable container. If you’re coming from south of Seattle, park at Angle Lake lightrail station, and take it to Pioneer Square station. If you’re coming from north, take the lightrail from UW to Pioneer Square.
Interested in just marching? You can arrive later - around 12pm. But I would encourage any one who can to come earlier at 9am because that will be the best time to get signatures. After we meet at the Passport agency, we will separate into 3 teams:
- Core marching team. This team or 2-5 people will stay near the staging area collecting signatures. And will contact the signature team when it is time to return to the staging area via Facebook messenger and/or text.
- Signature team. This team of 20-50 people will group into 3-5 smaller groups and will be responsible for volunteer recruitment and signature gathering on each block along the 4th Street parade route, but will return to the staging area when called back or at 12:30pm.
- Tabling team. This team of 3-5 people will setup a table by 11am to get signatures and deploy volunteers at City Center.
Let me know if you have any questions, or if you’d like to be added to the Facebook messenger planning group. Also you can text me at the number below for questions.
Thanks and see you soon!
Here are all the tips from the Pride Staff:
- You’ll be standing around in the staging area. Until we develop teleportation, we’ll have to accept it. We’ve decreased the time cushion to try and cut back on downtime, but we’ll always need to budget extra time for surprises and mishaps. Wear comfortable shoes.
- The number-one danger on parade day is sunburn. Unless your outfit is a lead-lined body stocking (and that only happened once), pack sunscreen.
- Will Oberst, Colin Sheehan and the entire staging team are there to help you. If someone’s wearing a Pride t-shirt, let them know what you need. Even if they can’t help, they might know someone who can.
300 5th Ave
Seattle, WA 98104
Google map and directions